The employer is reviewing our monetary counter proposal
The employer retained a new spokesperson for bargaining. Your negotiating team met with them on September 11 and 12.
Unfortunately, the ingoing monetary offer tabled by the employer was far from our proposal. Nevertheless, we were able to have productive discussions about the priorities of the negotiating team and what it will take to reach a deal.
We were pleased to reach agreement with the employer on most of the remaining non-monetary items, including the following articles:
- Article 4 Union Security, Recognition and Rights
- Article 6 Union Representation
- Article 9 Respectful Workplace – No Discrimination or Harassment
- Article 12 Grievance Procedure
- Article 13 Seniority
- Article 14 Job Postings
- Article 15 Classifications
- Article 16 Probationary Employees and Orientation
- Article 30 Casual Employees
- Article 31 Workload – delete and move to Article 16
- LOU 1 Seniority – delete and move to Article 13
We put forward a comprehensive monetary counter proposal which the employer is now reviewing. Bargaining will resume September 27 and 28.
If you have any questions about this update, please contact a member of your negotiating team.
AUPE NEGOTIATING TEAM - CHARTWELL GRIESBACH & HERITAGE VALLEY
Kathleen Cariaga-Estepa ,Chapter chair
Ana Rose Retazo
AUPE RESOURCE STAFF
Dale Perry, Negotiations
Prisca Ryan, Negotiations
Guy Quenneville, Membership Services Officer (MSO)
Michelle Szalynski, Organizing