Tentative Agreement Reached
Your bargaining team has reached a Tentative Agreement with the employer. This Tentative Agreement was reached after twelve months of negotiations.
Your Ratification Vote will take place at your worksite on Tuesday, October 15.
If ratified by AUPE members, this agreement will cover all of the nearly 100 employees in the bargaining unit, including those working in nursing care, housekeeping, food and laundry services.
Terms of the Agreement
If ratified, the agreement would be in effect from the ratification take to December 31, 2021.
Some highlights in this proposed agreement include:
• Higher shift premiums;
• Improved benefits plan, including a direct billing card;
• A 2% RRSP contribution from the employer, matched by employees, beginning January 1, 2020;
• LPN Registration fees ($250 per year) covered by the employer beginning January 1, 2020.
This agreement, if ratified, would include a 1% retroactive wage increase dating back to April 24, 2018.
It would also include the following raises for each year of the agreement:
• January 1, 2019 - 1% retroactive, to all classifications ;
• January 1, 2020 - 1.25%, to all classifications;
• January 1, 2021 - 1.25%, to all classifications.
Please update your contact information so you don’t miss out on important bargaining updates by visiting: aupe.org/update-me
If you have any questions, please contact a member of your bargaining team or AUPE support staff.
Your bargaining team contacts:
AUPE support staff:
Mac McNaughton, Negotiator
Michelle Szalynski, Organizer
firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-634-8262
Celia Shea, Communications
email@example.com or 780-720-8122