We are pleased to inform you that AUPE and Bow Valley College have reached a tentative agreement. Downloadthe fully agreed to and recommended Memorandum of Understanding between the parties. Below we have highlighted the changes of this agreement.
We will be holding an in-person vote on Friday, November 29, 2019, from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. in the AUPE office, North Campus, N540. There will be an opportunity to discuss this agreement with the bargaining committee and ask questions prior to submitting your ballot. If you are located at an offsite location please contact me directly no later than Wednesday, November 27, 2019 so we can make arrangements to get your vote. You can email me, Chapter Chair Peter Steward, at or reach me on my phone at 403-650-7678.
- Article 1.01(h)(iii): Temporary and Project Employees: Duration of use for a temporary employee to not normally exceed eighteen (18) months increased to twenty-four (24) months
- Article 8: Employer-Union Relations: Housekeeping
- Article 9 – Time Off for Union Business: Improved language
- Article 27.05 – Proof of Illness: New Article
- Article 28A.06 – Health Spending Account (HSA)/Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
o HSA increased to $775.00 effective July 1, 2019
o FSA creation in lieu of HSA in the amount of $775.00 effective July 1, 2020
- Article 31.05b – illness within the immediate family – increase from four (4) days to five (5) days
- Article 31.06 – Special Leave: new (g) personal extenuating circumstances – one (1) day
- Article 32 – Maternity and Parental Leave: Updated to meet legislative standards
- Article 40 – Term and Effective Date: July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2020
- Schedule B: Letter of Agreement (LOA) RE: Rates of Pay
o July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018: 0%
o July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019: 0%
o July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020: Wage Re-opener
- Schedule C: Position Classification, Position Title, and Point Range: Updated to reflect current
- New Letter of Understanding (LOU): Unpaid Leaves: To reflect requirements of the Employment Standards Code, Alberta
- New Letter of Understanding (LOU): Contracting Out Notification
We would like to thank you for your patience and support through the bargaining process. Please feel free to contact me or any of your bargaining committee members with any questions, comments, or concerns.
Your Bargaining Committee