Your negotiating team met with the employer on June 6 and 7 to begin bargaining for your next collective agreement.
We had some good discussions at the table. In fact, we signed-off on several Articles with either minor changes or no changes. These include:
- Article 2 - Application
- Article 4 - Union Membership and Dues Check Off
- Article 6 - Employee Management Advisory Committee
- Article 8 - Employer - Union Relations
- Article 14 - Human Resources Policies and Procedures
- Article 16 - Probationary Appointment
- Article 17 - Seniority
- Article 37 - Pension Plan
- Article 42 - Work Clothing and Allowances
- Letter Of Understanding: Workload Issues
Civida is proposing a three-year agreement, covering 2021, 2022, and 2023. They are also proposing a one per cent wage increase each year, which is unfortunately well below what members need to keep up with the rising costs of living.
Next bargaining meetings
We have scheduled our next bargaining meetings for July 5 and 6.
Don’t miss any future bargaining updates! Make sure AUPE has your up-to-date contact information by visiting www.aupe.org/update-info
Please contact your negotiating team representatives or AUPE Resource Staff if you have any questions.
AUPE NEGOTIATING TEAM – CIVIDA
AUPE RESOURCE STAFF
Chris Dickson Negotiations
Farid Iskandar Organizing
Alexander Delorme Communications