The Enviromental Committee is calling for nominations for this year’s Eco-Star Award honouring a member that has led or contributed to environmental initiatives in their workplace or their greater communities.
Deadline for nominations is September 1, 2023.
When nominating a member please consider the following:
- Did the member introduce or champion environmental initiatives in their worksites, their communities or at various levels of government or non-governmental agencies?
- Was this an environmental educational initiative?
- Are these issues/campaigns with a high level of environmental recognition/exposure?
- Do actions of the nominee (of an environmental nature) directly affect our members and our worksites?
- Does this involve environmental campaigns that have the greatest impact for our members (to educate, activate, or the greatest reduction in carbon footprint, or greatest increase in reduce/reuse/recycle)?
Particular consideration will be given to those members who support Just Transition initiatives.
Nominations will be reviewed by the AUPE Environmental Committee and the winner will be notified once a selection is made.
Nominate your comrade at https://www.aupe.org/ecostaraward