Voting will take place online from Feb. 6-9
After only two days of bargaining, your negotiating team has reached a tentative agreement with Mackenzie County.
The proposed deal is for a four-year contract, with wage raises every year and improvements to benefits.
- January 1, 2023 – 2% increase retroactive to Jan. 1, 2023.
- January 1, 2024 – 2% increase.
- January 1, 2025 – 2% increase.
- January 1, 2026 – 2% increase.
- Effective Jan. 1, 2023, General Maintenance Labourers will see an increase of $2 per hour.
- Effective Jan. 1, 2023, the Administrative Support wage scale will move to the same wage scale as General Maintenance Labourer.
- Effective Jan. 1, 2023, the GIS Co-ordinator will move to the same wage scale as Information Services Technologist.
- Vision care increased to $600 from $300 every two years.
- Orthodontic increased to $5,000 lifetime from $2,500.
- Health Spending Account is converted to a Flexible Spending Account and increased to $1,500 per year from $500. Details of eligible expenditures are in the images Eligible_expenses.jpeg and Education.jpeg, which can be found at the bottom of this update.
- Short Term Disability will be provided in-house and will be paid at 90 per cent of your wages instead of the current 66 and two-thirds per cent. You will no longer pay premiums for this benefit.
- In exchange for these improvements, employees who take a leave of absence (other than a general leave of absence) will be responsible for 50 per cent of the benefits premiums after a period of three months.
Unused sick leave credits will now be paid out at 100 per cent, but they cannot be taken as time in lieu.
Hours Of Work
All employees are now on the same work schedule, Monday to Friday 8:00 - 4:30 p.m.
More details can be found in the documents below, including the full tentative agreement, a summary of the tentative agreement and the Memorandum of Agreement.
Voting will be conducted through an online voting system. Voting will open at 12:01 a.m. on February 6, 2023, and will close 11:59 p.m. on February 9, 2023. You will be sent a ballot to your personal email address. If you do not have a personal email on file, you will receive a text to your personal cell phone with the voting information. If you do not receive one, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your negotiating team would like to thank you for your support in getting this tentative agreement. If you have questions, please contact a member of that team.
AUPE NEGOTIATING TEAM – MACKENZIE COUNTY
Ryleigh-Raye Wolfe (alternate)
email@example.com or 780-821-3428
AUPE STAFF RESOURCES
Kate Robinson, Negotiations
Terry Inigo-Jones, Communications