Important information for former employees
Former members – apply for retroactive pay
CapitalCare Nursing Care AUPE members have ratified a new collective agreement. This new agreement includes retroactive wage increases that you will receive soon.
Members currently working for CapitalCare will receive the retroactive pay automatically. If you are currently working for CapitalCare, you do not need to apply for retroactive pay.
But members who are no longer working for CapitalCare must apply for the retroactive pay. Here’s how to apply:
- Email CriticalWorkersBenefit@capitalcare.net before Friday January 6, 2023;
- Use “Retro Pay for Terminated ANC Employees” as your subject line;
- In your email, please include your full name, former CapitalCare work location, and your updated banking information if it has changed.
Please contact a member of your negotiating team (contact info at bottom) if you have any questions.
Reminder: new agreement highlights
Your new collective agreement covers 4 years, from 2020 to 2023.
Here is how your wages will increase:
- July 1, 2020 - 0%
- Jan 1, 2021 - 1%
- Dec 1, 2022 - 1.25%
- July 1, 2023 - 2%
- A 2% long service increase, effective July 1, 2023.
Because you ratified (voted to accept) this agreement, you will also receive a 1% lump sum for hours you worked from January 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021. This money will be paid within 60 days of our ratification date, November 7, 2022.
Changes include increased coverage for your medical notes, from $30.00 to $40.00. You will also now have 2 hours for medical appointment time.
Much of your Supplementary Benefits Plan will be changed. This will take place on the first day of the first month 90 days after ratification. Here is how the plan will change:
- Coverage for a Chartered Psychologist/Master of Social Work/Addictions Counsellor will be changed to eliminate the per-visit and 20 visit per year maximums. Instead, there will be a new combined maximum of $3000.00 per participant per benefit year;
- You will no longer need a doctor’s note for compression stockings. There will be a new fee guide for compression stockings and reimbursed at either the Alberta Blue Cross Usual or Customary rates, whichever is greater:
- Compression stockings with a pressure gradient of less than 20 mmHg will be reimbursed to a maximum of $68.75/pair;
- Compression stockings with a pressure gradient between 20-29.99 mmHg will be reimbursed to a maximum of $218.75/pair; and
- Compression stockings with a pressure gradient greater than 30 mmHg will be reimbursed to a maximum of $250.00/pair.
Please contact a member of your negotiating team if you have any questions.
AUPE NEGOTIATING TEAM - CAPITAL CARE GROUP NURSING CARE
AUPE RESOURCE STAFF
Chris Dickson Negotiations
Tracy Noble Organizing
Mimi Williams Communications