Ratification vote will be held in-person in December
This has been a long and difficult round of bargaining and your negotiating team is pleased to announce that we have reached a tentative agreement.
Voting to ratify the tentative agreement will take place in person as follows:
December 12 at Lynnwood, Laurier House and Grandview from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
December 13 at Kipnes and Strathcona from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Your negotiating team recommends acceptance of this tentative agreement, the highlights of which are below.
July 1, 2020 – 0%
July 1, 2021 – 0%
Dec 1, 2022 – 1.25%
July 1, 2023 – 2%
There will be an increase of $50.00 to your Flexible Spending Account – bringing it to $900 effective 2023.
The amount you can be reimbursed for a medical note increases from $30.00 to $40.00.
A Joint Union/Management Committee will be established to discuss issues of mutual concern.
In addition, the following Letters of Understanding (LOU) have been agreed to.
LETTER OF UNDERSTANDING #XX
ALBERTA UNION OF PROVINCIAL EMPLOYEES
RE: SUPPLEMENTARY HEALTH PLAN IMPROVEMENTS
Effective on the first (1st) of the month following ninety (90) days from the date of ratification,
Benefits coverage for Chartered Psychologist/Master of Social Work/Addictions Counsellor shall be reconfigured to eliminate the per-visit and 20 visit per year maximums and implement a combined maximum of $3000.00 per participant per benefit year.
Reimbursement of up to fifty dollars ($50) per visit per participant per benefit year to a maximum of one thousand dollars ($1000.00), for services from a physiotherapist or massage therapist.
RE: LUMP SUM PAYMENT – RECOGNITION FOR SERVICES RENDERED DURING THE COVID- 19 RESPONSE
- No later than sixty (60) calendar days after the Date of Ratification, each Employee shall be issued a one-time premium payment of 1.0% of the Basic Rate of Pay for all hours actually worked between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021.
- For the purposes of this one-time lump sum payment “regular hours actually worked” includes: 1. Leaves of absence for Union business;
2. Other leaves of absence of one (1) month or less;
3. Time on sick leave with pay;
4. Absences while receiving Workers’ Compensation;
5. Educational leave up to 24 months; and
6. Maternity, Parental, Compassionate/Terminal Care, parents of Critically Ill Child and Death or Disappearance of Child Leaves.
- In addition to Item 1 above, Employees employed with the Employer on the date of ratification, shall be issued a one-time premium payment as follows:
For Regular and Temporary Full-time Employees, a payment of $1,400;
For Regular Part-time, Temporary Part-time, and Casual Employees, a payment of $1,400, pro-rated to all regular hours actually worked and paid at the Basic Rate of Pay between April 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022, to a maximum of 1.0 FTE;
This payment will be paid within ninety (90) calendar days after the ratification of this Collective Agreement.
RE: NO CONTRACTING OUT
The Parties agree to the following:
1. No Contracting Out - The Employer shall not contract out to an external employer, any service currently provided by Employees of the Employer, unless:
(a) the service is already being provided by an external provider.
This does not prevent the Employer from utilizing contracted service providers for temporary projects, where there are insufficient available internal Employees to complete the required work at the Basic Rate of Pay, or in cases of emergency.
2. Other Organizational Changes - This does not prevent the Employer from making other organizational changes through attrition or through utilization of the provisions of Article 37 (Layoff and Recall).
4. This Letter of Understanding becomes effective on the date of ratification of this Agreement and shall expire on June 30, 2024.
Please look for posters advertising the ratification vote on your worksite in the coming weeks!
We want to thank you all for your patience and support throughout this round of bargaining. As always, please reach out to a member of your negotiating team if you have any questions about this bargaining update.
AUPE NEGOTIATING TEAM – CAPITAL CARE GSS
Tracey Courtepatte email@example.com
Myrena Reiger firstname.lastname@example.org
Agnes Otayde email@example.com
Mhedee Martinez-Rowe firstname.lastname@example.org
Rhea Coughlan (A) email@example.com
AUPE STAFF RESOURCES
Chris Dickson Negotiations firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracy Noble Organizing email@example.com
Mimi Williams Communications firstname.lastname@example.org