New offer improves wage increase and other monetary items
A tentative agreement for a new collective-bargaining agreement has been reached with the employer at the Brazeau Seniors Foundation in Drayton Valley.
After meeting with you all it was conveyed to the employer we would be rejecting their ‘final offer’ made in June. Your bargaining committee met with the employer’s representatives on Sept. 12. As a result of that meeting, an improved offer was presented.
The highlights of the new offer include:
- Year one, June 1, 2020, to May 31, 2021: Wage increase of 0%.
- Year two, June 1, 2021, to May 31, 2022: $500 recognition bonus to all full-time and part-time employees.
- Members who work 0.5 Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) positions will receive on personal day on the date the agreement is ratified by the members and the employer.
- $100 increase to health-spending accounts on Jan. 1, 2022. From that date, the health-spending accounts will become health and personal spending accounts. This allows for a wider range of purchases to be covered.
- An increase of 10 cents to the evening shift differential to $2.10 per hour on the date of ratification.
- An increase of 10 cents to the night shift differential to $3.10 per hour on the date of ratification.
- An increase of 10 cents to the weekend premium to $2.60 per hour on the date of ratification.
- Year three, June 1, 2022, to May 31, 2023: Wage increase of 1.75%.
Other improvements include:
- New language on layoffs so that they will be done by reverse seniority, so the people with the most service will be the last to be laid off.
- Extra shifts will be offered by seniority and on a fair and rotational basis.
- There were also some other non-monetary improvements.
The June ‘final offer’ rejected by your negotiations team had been for two years without a raise, followed by a raise of 1% in the third year. It had also included an increase of $150 to the health spending account.
What happens next?
You will be provided with more details on when and where the vote will be held and a tentative agreement will be emailed to you all in the next week. Please check the AUPE website and your personal emails.
If you have any questions, please contact your representatives on the bargaining committee.
Brazeau – Drayton Valley Bargaining Committee
Sharon Boyd: 780-515-9118
Debbie Griffiths: 780-514-4302
Michelle Snow: 780-621-3963
AUPE Resource Staff