Bargaining update: Capital Region Housing Corp Local: 118 Chapter: 011
*Tentative agreement ratified
Your bargaining team is pleased to report we ratified our collective agreement, which will bring in a number of new protections and better compensation.
This was one of our most productive rounds of bargaining with this employer. Thank you for your continued support. You came into bargaining ready to fight for what you and the vulnerable Albertans you support deserve. Now we have a workplace that better reflects our worth.
Some of the improvements including wage increases:
- January 1, 2019 – 2 per cent
- January 2020 – 1 per cent
- January 2021 – a wage reopener
Other language changes include:
- Three more personal days.
- $250.00 more to the Health Spending Account.
- An increase of 15-minute union orientation to 45 minutes.
- Language holding the parties to exercise their rights in a manner that is professional, fair and reasonable in the circumstances.
- Better Respect in the Workplace language.
- An improved classification and appeal process.
All of these protections and more will go a long way in serving us at the workplace, so we can continue to stand up for each other and the services we provide.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
CAPITAL REGION HOUSING CORPORATION BARGAINING TEAM MEMBERS:
Shelly Smok (alternate)
Brock Ciochetti (alternate)
AUPE RESOURCE STAFF:
Chris Dickson Negotiator, email@example.com
Farris Sobhani Organizer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Celia Shea Communications, email@example.com