AHS GSS members entitled to isolation pay and more by signing new MOA
Your AHS General Support Services bargaining team has negotiated a new Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with AHS to compensate you for your hard work and dedication during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Everyone has been affected by COVID-19. AUPE members, including you and your health care co-workers, have stepped up to help Albertans persevere throughout the pandemic. While we wish the employer had agreed to support you better earlier in the pandemic, the benefits of this new agreement should help AHS GSS members moving forward.
Download a copy of the signed Memorandum of Agreement. This agreement will stay in effect until March 31, 2021.
Members will now receive paid leave if you are forced to quarantine due to COVID. Additionally, if you took sick time to quarantine between now and July 6, 2020, you can ask your manager for payment for these sick days or to get the sick days back. To do this you must show the specific shifts you took off for quarantine. This pay isn’t available to members who quarantine because of non-essential travel.
Other highlights in this new Memorandum of Agreement include:
- One day of leave with pay to care for an ill or isolating family member, or a child affected by school and daycare closures. After that day, vacation or unpaid leave is an option to continue fulfilling these duties.
- One hour of pay for members who attend vaccine appointments.
- For members with multiple jobs but restricted to working at one site, the employer will give you the opportunity to make up for missed shifts with more shifts either remotely or on-site, and if that isn’t possible provide paid leave. The employer will also make an extra effort to offer additional shifts.
- Because of the pandemic and its negative effect on our mental health and stress, all reasonable efforts will be made to allow members to take short breaks from work, including vacation and personal leave days.
- A new process for member redeployment to other worksites if necessary, including orientation and your regular pay.
- The possibility of more work being offered to casual and temporary workers to help with the pandemic effort.
- The employer has suspended the Attendance Awareness program until March 31, 2021.
Remember to be safe and to take care of yourself and your co-workers. If your manager refuses to approve any of the benefits provided by the new Memorandum of Agreement, please contact one of your negotiating team members.
AHS GSS Negotiating Team
AUPE Resource Staff for AHS GSS
Chris Dickson, Lead Negotiator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason Rattray, Negotiator - email@example.com
Farid Iskandar, Organizer - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate Jacobson, Organizer - email@example.com
Alexander Delorme, Communications - firstname.lastname@example.org