What is the Members' Benefits Benevolent Fund?
The Members’ Benefits Benevolent Fund is administered by a Committee of AUPE members. Sometimes an AUPE member faces an emergency that qualifies for financial assistance from the union.
How do you apply for assistance?
If you face financial emergency, you may apply for assistance from the fund by filling out the form linked below. All areas of the application form must be completed in full as well as signed and dated by the member before it is sent to the Members’ Benefits Committee Finance contact. Supporting financial documents must be included with the application form in order to be considered by the Members’ Benefits Committee.
The signed form along with required supporting financial documentation can be faxed to 780-930-3344, emailed to email@example.com or mailed to AUPE Headquarters (Solidarity Place), 10451-170 Street NW, Edmonton, AB, T5P 4S7.
The Committee meets once each month to review and assess individual applications. Applications will be reviewed and carefully considered on their own merits. Each case is kept strictly confidential. The Committee has the authority to approve or deny applications, and applicant members will be notified of the Committee’s decision.
Applicants for financial assistance affected by a decision of the Members’ Benefits Committee will have the right to appeal that decision to the President – whose decision will be final and binding.
2019 Members' Benefits Committee meetings schedule:
The regular meetings of the Members’ Benefits Committee are scheduled for:
- January 16, 2019 – Cut off date January 14, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
- February 13, 2019 – Cut off date February 11, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
- March 6, 2019 – Cut off date March 4, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
- April 10, 2019 – Cut off date April 8, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
- May 15, 2019 – Cut off date May 13, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
- June 12, 2019 – Cut off date June 10, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
- July 24, 2019 – Cut off date July 22, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
- August 2019 - No meeting
- September 11, 2019 – Cut off date September 9, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
- October 15, 2019 – Cut off date October 10, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
- November 13, 2019 – Cut off date November 8, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
NOTE: Meeting dates are subject to change.