Date and time
10025 - 182 St. NW
Edmonton, AB, T5S 0P7
About this event
Registration opens on January 2, 2024. To register, login to the online registration system at https://aupe.geniussis.com/memberlogin.aspx. Members must enroll themselves and ensure all prerequisites are met.
Your Member Number ID is required to register. If you do not have your member number, please contact the Member Resource Centre at 1-800-232-7284.
For more details regarding courses AUPE has to offer, please refer to the website at https://www.aupe.org/training/courses
This is a two-day course.
When you’ve challenged your boss, has someone told you, "That's not in the contract! There's nothing we can do about it!"
Have you and your coworkers ever gotten frustrated with the "official channels" blocking solutions on the worksite?
Is your employer driving you wild by ignoring your issues?
Then this course is for you!
Workplace power will give you the skills you need to build collective power with your coworkers to be able to challenge your employer and improve your working conditions and quality of life at work.
This course is for: All members
This course utilizes:
- Individual and group activities
- Recognize how power operates in the workplace.
- Develop technical skills around workplace organizing such as mapping and leader identification.
- Examine how to have one-to-one organizing conversations.
- Build strategies around addressing issues in the workplace collectively.