Summary of duties
Please be advised that an Administrative Professional position in AUPE's Executive Office is available.
The job description is available here and outlined below.
If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume, as one PDF document, referencing job ID 24-10, to email@example.com. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
The Administrative Professional (Executive Office) position provides administrative support to the elected Executive Office. The position manages confidential information with discretion and care and is familiar with policies and procedures to assist the Executive Office.
- Grade 12 Diploma.
- Extensive knowledge in office procedures.
- Strong computer skills.
- Demonstrate tact and discretion.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and complete projects within timelines on own initiative.
- Extensive judgement required to complete or deal with complex problems.
- Previous: At least four (4) years of previous experience as an Executive Assistant or related experience in a fast-paced environment. Previous experience in a union environment is considered an asset.
- On the Job: Nine (9) months on the job to become familiar with the filing system(s), database(s), computer systems, related programs/software, and AUPE policies and procedures.
- Provides high-level administrative support and assistant to Executive Office.
- Performs clerical and administrative tasks including drafting correspondence, reports, and other documents for Executive Office.
- Arranges travel and accommodations for Executive Office.
- Schedules and attends meetings, taking notes and recording minutes.
- Receives incoming communication or information on behalf of Executive Office, reviews contents, determines importance, and summarizes and/or distributes contents to appropriate parties.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent to the job.
Any revisions of the job description document must be approved by the Executive Director.
AUPE is the largest public sector union in Alberta and represents approximately 103,200 jobs across the province in four sectors including: health care, education, government services, and agencies, boards and commissions. AUPE represents roughly:
- 20,800 direct employees of the Alberta provincial government;
- 68,400 health care employees at public, private, and not-for-profit health care providers, this includes auxiliary nursing care employees and the general support services employees of Alberta;
- 10,800 in the education sector, who work in support roles at fifteen post-secondary institutions and three school boards across Alberta; and
- 3,200 boards, agencies, and commissions employees who work for a variety of mostly public sector employers like municipal governments.
AUPE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to provide a supportive and respectful environment, free of bias, where each employee feels valued. Together our opinions, strengths, experiences, and diverse backgrounds ensure full and equal participation for all in our community.