Please be advised that we are performing routine site maintenance at 8 p.m. MST tonight and site visitors may very temporarily experience issues logging into MyAUPE accounts or accessing MyProfile or Local pages.
Summary of duties
Please be advised that a Transitional Membership Services Officer position is available with an initial work assignment in the Organizing Department at the Calgary Regional Office. The Transitional MSO position is tasked with working with newly organized AUPE bargaining units from when they have won certification until they have achieved a first contract.
The salary and benefits are as per the Collective Agreement between AUPE and AULReP. Experience in mobilization, direct action and external organizing are considered an asset. Member engagement and strike experience would also be considered an asset.
The job description can be found here and outlined below.
Anyone interested should forward their application with a resume outlining their related skills, knowledge, experience, and other relevant attributes, preferably by e-mail, no later than 4:30 pm on December 9, 2021, to Employee Relations at email@example.com.
The Membership Service Officer position is a responsible position where Labour Relations assignments are performed in areas identified by AUPE. The focus includes, but is not limited to, providing labour relations services to existing members (i.e. grievance handling, contract interpretation, Local/Chapter administration), presenting AUPE sponsored education courses to the membership and assisting in collective bargaining as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Political Science or a related field would be an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of labour legislation and Collective Agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and relate to staff, membership, media, the public and outside organizations.
- Demonstrated organizational, writing, research, communication and interpersonal skills and leadership qualities.
- Ability to deal effectively with co-workers, members and others under stressful conditions.
- Ability to work against specific deadlines and be able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to exercise tact and judgment.
- Ability to display the attributes of self-motivation and individual initiative.
- Having background knowledge of the labour movement in general, and AUPE in particular, is an asset.
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence.
- Previous: At least two (2) years of previous experience is needed, preferably in a Union setting.
- On the Job: Nine (9) months on the job to become familiar with the filing system, database, computer systems, related programs/software, and AUPE policies and procedures.
A. Membership Servicing
- Monitor, advise on and enforce members’ rights and entitlements contained in various Collective Agreements.
- Monitor, advise on and enforce members’ rights and entitlements on WCB, Return to Work, Duty to Accommodate, Occupational Health & Safety and other employee related issues.
- Assist and advise Local/Chapter Officers in carrying out their duties.
- Assist in the development and delivery of AUPE services for the membership.
- Assist Locals/Chapters and members, as required, in a variety of areas.
B. Membership Education
- Assist in the presentation of courses sponsored by the Union.
- Assist Union Representatives assigned to Negotiations in Collective Bargaining, when assigned to do so.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent to the job.
Any revisions of the job description must be approved by the Executive Director.