The renewed contract, effective Oct. 1, 2017, ending Sept. 30, 2020, will bring in the following wage increases:
General Wage Increases
- 2017 All classifications: 0 per cent
- 2018 Home Care HCAs: Two per cent All other classifications: One per cent
- 2019-2020 Wage re-opener (in line with the AHS ANC collective agreement).
Other Pay Increases:
• Premium pay: from $1.25/hr to $1.75/hr
• In Charge Pay: from $1.25/hr to $1.50/hr
We also secured increases to everyone’s health spending accounts (total of $700 in year one and $800 in year two), along with a boot allowance increase ($150/yr) for maintenance.
All of these monetary improvements will bring you closer to the compensation you deserve for your time at work. Other language changes will support you outside of work. Every day you better people’s lives. You deserve the care you give, and updates to Compassionate Care Leave, better language governing your access to the RRSP plan, and improvements to the Bereavement Leave article, which now include aunts and uncles and death of an unborn Child, will ensure you get it.
We are pleased to see the employer recognize, in a number of ways, that to provide person-centred care means providing a worker-centred facility. For instance, the time over which it takes to accrue vacation has been reduced as follows:
- 1-2 years employment: 3 weeks vacation (current language)
- 3-12 years employment: 4 weeks vacation (was 14 years employment)
- 13-19 years employment: 5 weeks vacation (was 15-22 years employment)
- 20 years plus employment: 6 weeks vacation (was 23 years employment)
Thank you for standing beside each other throughout this process to push for these changes and make our workspaces more equal and humane. This will impact not just you, but also your families, your neighbours, the residents you care for and the larger long-term care and seniors care systems in the province.
If you have any questions please contact us – we’re here to support you.
BARGAINING TEAM MEMBERS:
KENISNGTON VILLAGE (GSS):
Dankyi “Nicholas” Osei
Maria “Ivy” Alido
MILLWOODS (NURSING CARE):
AUPE RESOURCE STAFF:
Kim Cutrell Negotiator email@example.com
Jaime Urbina Organizer firstname.lastname@example.org or 587-599-7557
Celia Shea Communications email@example.com or 780-720-8122