Your bargaining committee is pleased to inform you that the membership and the employer ratified the tentative agreement today.
The agreement mirrors that of Alberta Health Services Nursing Care, which will see members receive retroactive wage increases of 1.2 per cent for 2015 and 0.8 per cent for 2016.
Additional language gains are as follows:
- Bullying and Harassment language
- Special Leave days will be changed to Personal Leave days as of April 1, 2018
- Professional fees of $250 for LPNs, if they work 809 hours in the employer’s fiscal year (April 1 – March 31)
- Increase to overtime rates for August Civic Holiday and Christmas Day – triple time
- Increase to days of orientation for probationary employees
- Decrease in the amount of time a disciplinary letter stays on an employee’s file (from two years down to 18 months) if no other discipline in that time frame
- Addition to what items the Flexible Spending Account can be used for
- Additional hours will be offered to part-time employees who have sent in an availability calendar, based on seniority and then offered to casual employees– Change to the Lay Off and Recall language, where the employer will lay people off from the bottom up, based on seniority
- Moving forward the employer will not create new rotations with more than six consecutive shifts in a row
Former employees who worked between April 1, 2015 – March 31, 2017 will have until August 15, 2017 to apply for retro pay.
Details on how to claim the retro pay will be communicated soon. Please check AUPE’s website and social media.
This agreement expired March 31, 2017. Preparations for upcoming negotiations with the employer will begin soon.
Please do not hesitate to contact a member of your bargaining committee with any questions, comments or concerns you may have.
YOUR BARGAINING COMMITTEE: