Some of those proposed rollbacks from the employer include:
- Making overtime pay 1.5 times (down from 2 times) after the first two hours.
- Part-time employees won’t qualify for overtime until having worked more than 80 hours (currently the threshold is 75 hours).
- No shift premiums unless employees rotate over two or more shifts.
- New employee orientation hours paid at 50 cents less than the start rate for their applicable
- Named holidays limited to existing 11 days; in the event a new holiday is named, it would replace one of the designated non-float holidays.
- Rewriting the Layoff article to allow the employer more ability to change shift rotations.
- Removing Severance pay.
- Rewriting the Grievance Procedure article to remove access to the arbitration board and instead use a single arbitrator only.
Needless to say, we do not accept such an extreme bargaining position from the employer. Your committee asked the employer to withdraw the package, but they refused. They also indicated they will not table a monetary package.
We have scheduled further meetings with the employer in December and will continue to provide you timely updates on any progress made. If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact a member of your bargaining committee listed below.
We will continue to advocate for your rights at the table. We know you do very important work for the people who call Riverbend Retirement Residence home.
Revera Riverbend Bargaining Team Members:
Vicky Waka Vicky.email@example.com
Jean Shier firstname.lastname@example.org
Remedios Saluta email@example.com
AUPE Resource Staff:
Mac McNaughton, Negotiator firstname.lastname@example.org
Mariam Ibrahim, Communications email@example.com
Michelle Szalynski, Organizing firstname.lastname@example.org