Memo of Agreement Reached
Your bargaining committee has signed a Memorandum of Agreement with Norquest College.
Like other contracts throughout the province, this three-year agreement includes 0% wage increases in the first two years (2017/18 and 2018/19) and a wage reopener in the third year (2019/20). If we and the employer do not agree on a salary adjustment by Sept. 30, 2019, this will be forwarded to interest arbitration.
Your ratification vote is scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 28.
This agreement, if ratified, would improve your life at work in a number of ways, including:
• New language addressing bullying, harassment, and discrimination;
• A new Employee – Management Advisory Committee;
• Improvements to Bereavement Leave, including lifting the limits on accessing the benefit, as well as expanding the definition of your immediate family;
• Six paid Personal or Emergency Leave days that you are able to take for a broader range of circumstances;
• If you need to take Bereavement Leave or are hospitalized during scheduled vacation, you can access these leaves and your vacation bank will be adjusted accordingly;
• Your expired Letter of Understanding for Health Spending Accounts has been replaced by a new clause in the agreement. Benefit years begin every July 1, and the full amount for the 2018/19 year will be available to you.
Your bargaining committee is dedicated to keeping you informed throughout the entire negotiations process. Please do not hesitate to contact a member of your committee or AUPE resource staff with any questions, comments or concerns you may have.
Please update your contact information so you don’t miss out on important bargaining updates by visiting: aupe.org/update-me
NORQUEST COLLEGE BARGAINING TEAM MEMBERS:
AUPE RESOURCE STAFF:
Terry Luhoway Negotiator
Farris Sobhani Organizer
Alexander Delorme Communications Officer