Collective Agreement Ratified
Your new collective agreement has been ratified following a mail-in membership vote.
Your bargaining committee would like to thank you for the strength and solidarity you have shown throughout negotiations.
Term and Wages
This is a 3 year agreement with wage adjustments of:
• 0% for year 1 (2017/2018);
• 0% for year 2 (2018/2019);
• A wage re-opener for year 3 (2019/2020);
• Negotiations on the wage re-opener will begin no later than September 30, 2019 and if we are unable to agree on a general salary adjustment by October 31, 2019, either we or the employer can seek interest arbitration.
Retroactively effective April 1, 2017, all workers whose salaries were below the base pay maximum will receive a salary adjustment of 1% or progression to the base pay maximum rate, whichever is less. The same 1% provision also applies to all workers effective April 1, 2018 and April 1, 2019.
Employees who have left ATB prior to contract ratification can receive these increases upon written request, which includes by email, within 60 days of ratification.
More Agreement Details
Here are some highlights of this new agreement:
• New language defining Acting Incumbency and Short Term Incumbency designations, as well as establishing the trigger points as well as minimum and maximum time frames for both roles;
• Deleted language that restricted Weekend Premiums to workers who work weekends “as part of her regularly scheduled work week;”
• Callback Pay is now for “all hours worked and the time spent traveling directly to and from work;”
• Telephone consultation compensation is now a “minimum of 30 minutes per call at applicable overtime rate;”
• Amended language where travel is required for Bereavement Leave, increasing the amount of additional time off with pay when you have to travel between 250 and 750 KMs one-way. If you need to travel further, bereavement leave with pay would be extended by 29 additional hours;
• If a worker is absent for three consecutive work days, they will not be considered to have “abandoned” their positions providing they have contacted and discussed the reason for their absence with their “direct leader;”
• Increased reimbursement amount if you are required to provide a medical certificate or proof of attendance from $75 to $100;
• New language specifying that workers will be reimbursed to a maximum of $125 per incurred expense if the employer requests additional medical information;
• Customer Service Specialist no longer have a 12 month probationary period. All Permanent Employee positions now have probationary periods of 6 months;
• If your position has been abolished, you will now receive an “allowance” rather than a “reimbursement of expenses” of one $1000, plus $100 for each full year of continuous service, for up to 6 months for retraining, career counseling and/or job searching.
Your bargaining committee would like to thank you for your support and solidarity throughout collective bargaining. Please do not hesitate to contact a member of your committee or AUPE resource staff with any questions, comments or concerns you may have.
ATB FINANCIAL BARGAINING TEAM MEMBERS:
AUPE RESOURCE STAFF:
Terry Luhoway, Negotiator
1-800-232-7284 or email@example.com
Farris Sobhani, Organizer
780-271-0728 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexander Delorme, Communications
780-930-3333 or email@example.com