Summary of duties
Please be advised that a Caretaker position is available with an initial work assignment in Calgary. The salary and benefits are per the Collective Agreement between AUPE and AULReP (formerly Unifor 880).
Position is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of AUPE’s Calgary Regional Offices.
- Grade 12 Diploma, or combination of education and experience.
- Previous: One (1) year previous caretaker experience including utilizing various types of cleaning supplies and equipment.
- On the Job: Nine (9) months on the job to become familiar with facility security, cleaning practices, seasonal aspects of the job, and AUPE policies and procedures.
Housekeeping and Garbage Duties
- Removes waste.
- Dusts, scrubs, waxes, vacuums and extracts (i.e. water/dirt from rugs).
- General cleaning, including equipment and vents.
- Provides security functions (lock and unlocks doors).
- Recycle glass / bottles.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent to the job.
Any revisions of the document must be approved by the Executive Director.