Summary of duties
Please be advised that permanent position for a Project Management Technician is available with an initial work assignment in Edmonton.
This is an out-of-scope position.
The job description is available here and outlined below.
Anyone interested should forward their application with a resume outlining their related skills, knowledge, experience, and other relevant attributes, preferably by e-mail, to Employee Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alberta Union of Provincial Employees is seeking a Project Management Technician to support the successful implementation of the identified Strategic Planning projects. Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Strategic Operations and working closely with the Management Team, the Executive Committee and Local Councils.
- Creation, maintenance, and revision of Strategic Planning Gantt Charts for interdepartmental and member-facing working group projects.
- Producing information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information.
- Maintaining non-Gantt schedules and calendars.
- Maintaining policy and operational directives and mandates in confidence.
- Providing historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Creating and developing meeting agendas and presentations.
- Maintaining all project deadlines and timelines. Providing reminders and updates for all groups and amending project if changes occur.
- Coordinating all project timelines and keeps groups accountable for deadlines.
See below section
- Strong knowledge and skillset in Gantt Charts
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in an Administration program an asset
- Minimum 3 years of experience in administration/support to project coordination preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required
- Have excellent team spirit and collaboration skills while also being able to work independently
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrate a good tolerance for ambiguity and managing stressful situations
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’
AUPE is Alberta’s largest union. We are a democratic and progressive member-led union. Compensation for this position is competitive to similar positions with similar unions.