Summary of duties
Please be advised that a Groundskeeper position is available with an initial work assignment in Edmonton. The salary and benefits are per the Collective Agreement between AUPE and AULReP.
The job description is available here and outlined below.
Anyone interested should forward their application with a resume outlining their related skills, knowledge, experience, and other relevant attributes, preferably by e-mail, no later than 4:30pm on June 6, 2023, to the Employee Relations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position is responsible for maintaining the grounds of AUPE’s Edmonton Headquarters.
- Grade 12 Diploma, or combination of education and experience.
- Previous: One (1) year previous landscaping tools and equipment.
- Maintain the grounds by mowing, trimming, weeding, cutting, and watering, as needed.
- Responsible for general grounds maintenance and clean-up.
- Maintain a clear understanding and compliance with all operational and safety standards.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent to the job.
Any revisions of the job description must be approved by the Executive Director.
AUPE is the largest public sector union in Alberta and represents approximately 103,200 jobs across the province in four sectors including: health care, education, government services, and agencies, boards and commissions. AUPE represents roughly:
- 20,800 direct employees of the Alberta provincial government;
- 68,400 health care employees at public, private, and not-for-profit health care providers, this includes auxiliary nursing care employees and the general support services employees of Alberta;
- 10,800 in the education sector, who work in support roles at fifteen post-secondary institutions and three school boards across Alberta; and
- 3,200 boards, agencies, and commissions employees who work for a variety of mostly public sector employers like municipal governments.