Summary of duties
Please be advised that a 3.5 month project position (August 1 - mid November) is available with a work assignment at the Edmonton Headquarters Office.
Anyone interested should forward their application with a resume outlining their related skills, knowledge, experience and other relevant attributes, preferably by e-mail, no later than 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 30, 2022 to Employee Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org
This Clerk I position performs moderately complex work and is repetitive in nature.
The incumbent will be processing membership time off requests for union business to attend the 2022 AUPE Convention. The work varies as to the details of tasks performed and requires attention to detail and accuracy. Good judgment in making decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures is required.
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Knowledge of common office procedures
- Familiarity with Mac products
- Previous: One (1) year experience in an office environment.
- On the Job: Nine (9) months on the job to become familiar with the office equipment, procedures, computer system, related programs/software, and AUPE policies and procedures.
- Ability to work against specific deadlines and be able to work well under pressure.
- The incumbent must possess a pleasant manner and excellent communication skills as the position will be required to interact with members and/or other staff.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationship with the membership and other AUPE employees.
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment is essential.