CALGARY – Support staff at the University of Calgary voted in favour of a new collective agreement on Sept. 12.
“We’re pleased with this round of bargaining,” said AUPE Negotiator Dale Perry. “Although we did have to go to mediation, we only needed one day to reach an agreement both sides felt confident in.”
Highlights of the three-year agreement include:
- 2.25-per-cent wage increase retroactive to Apr. 1, 2012;
- 3-per-cent wage increase on Apr. 1, 2013;
- 3-per-cent wage increase on Apr. 1, 2014
- a $0.25 increase in the shift and weekend differentials effective one month following ratification;
- increased benefit caps on extended health and dental coverage; and
- increases in the flexible spending account in 2012 and 2013.
The agreement is in effect until Mar. 31, 2015.
AUPE represents more than 4,000 support staff at the University of Calgary, which forms Local 052 in the union. AUPE represents support staff at another fifteen post-secondary institutions across Alberta, more than any other union.
For more information, contact:
Dale Perry, AUPE Negotiator, 780-930-3347 or 780-238-8697 (cell)
Mark Wells, Senior Communications Advisor, AUPE – 780-930-3311 or 780-904-0688 (cell)