Province increases subsistence and travel rates for direct government employees
Posted May 02, 2008 in Government Services
EDMONTON – The rates for travel and subsistence payments to direct government employees in AUPE Locals 001 to 012 increased as of May 1, 2008.
Under the new schedule of subsistence, travel and related rates received this week by AUPE from the Alberta Corporate Human Resources (CHR), even saddle horse users employed by the government will see an increase in the rate they receive while doing employer business.
Among the increase in the new schedule are:
- Equipped saddle horse rates to $15.42 per half day from $14.80 per half day.
- Business kilometre rate for automobile use to 46 cents per kilometer from 44 cents per kilometre.
- Adverse driving conditions allowance to $7.80 per day from $7.50 per day.
- Breakfast allowance to $9.20 from $8.80.
- Lunch allowance to $11.60 from $11.10.
- Dinner allowance to $20.70 from $19.85.
- Overtime meal allowance to $10.35 from $9.90.
- Personal per diem in Canada to $7.35 from $7.05.
- Accommodation allowance to $20.15 per night from $19.30 per night.
- Taxi fares, intra-city transportation and parking, without receipts, to $11.65 from $11.20.
The full schedule is posted on the Government of Alberta Corporate Human Resources site (formerly the Personnel Administration Office).