This is a preliminary summary of key AHS-GSS tentative agreement highlights. A detailed summary of the entire agreement will be mailed directly over the next five to seven days.
In the early hours of March 9, a negotiated tentative agreement was reached between the Alberta Union of Provincial Employees and Alberta Health Services.
The tentative three-year agreement includes:
- Nine percent wage increase over three years. Three per cent each year.
- Shift and weekend premium rates equal to Auxiliary Nursing Care, Health Sciences Association of Alberta and the United Nurses of Alberta by 2013
- Two super statutory holidays by 2013, Christmas Day and August 1.
- Health spending account increased to $600, converted to flex spending account, January 2013
- Supplemental vacation equal to the United Nurses of Alberta and Health Sciences Association of Alberta level, up to 45 years of service
- Hours of work, layoff and recall, part time definitions and classification disputes have been resolved to AUPE’s satisfaction
A process has been worked out for GSS members across the province to ratify the negotiated agreement. Your bargaining committee is recommending ratification.