After only one day of mediation, a tentative agreement has been reached between Local 052, representing over 4,000 support staff at the University of Calgary, and the employer. The bargaining committee is recommending acceptance of the agreement.
Information meetings for members will be held:
- Sept. 6, 12:00 to 1:00 pm, in the Eckhardt-Gramatte Concert Hall, Rosza Centre.
- Sept. 6, 9:30 to 10:30 pm, in Room 110, Professional Faculties Building.
- Sept. 7, 12:00 to 1:00 pm, in the Libin Theatre, South Campus.
Members will vote on the tentative agreement on Sept. 12 between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm in the Social Sciences main foyer on the main campus, or between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm by the Hippocrates statue in Health Science on the south campus. Advanced balloting for those unable to vote on Sept. 12 will take place:
- Aug. 28, 3:30 to 5:30 pm, in Room 128, Science A (Local 052 meeting room)
- Aug. 28, 9:30 to 11:30 am, by the Hippocrates statue, Health Science, South Campus
- Sept. 10, 3:30 to 5:30 pm, in Room 128, Science A (Local 052 meeting room)
- Sept. 11, times and exact locations to be announced, at Spy Hill Campus, Kananaskis Research Centre, UCMC Sunridge, Sheldon Chumir Clinic, Downtown Campus, and Transcriptionist’s Office.
Any member of Local 052 who is not at one of these locations or who cannot reasonably get to one of these locations to vote should contact Keith Gill, Bargaining Committee Chair, at email@example.com to make other voting arrangements. Please include your work address in the email.
Details of the tentative agreement can be found in the documents linked below.