Alberta Health Services/Covenant Health
Your bargaining committee met with the employer at AUPE headquarters in Edmonton, June 25, 26 and 27.
We are pleased to report a tentative agreement has been reached with Alberta Health Services and Covenant Health.
The tentative three-year agreement includes:
- Nine-per-cent wage increase over three years. Three per cent each year
- $1,000-annual Flex Spending Account starting Jan. 1, 2013, prorated to your FTE
- Supplemental vacation equal to United Nurses of Alberta and Health Sciences Association of Alberta level, up to 45 years of service
- General improvements to health benefits plan, includes increases to dental and orthodontic maximums plus Letter of Understanding for diabetic coverage
- Preceptor pay applicable to all classifications
- Northern incentive allowance (AHS only)
Voting on the tentative agreement will occur by mail-in ballot. Ballots will be mailed to members in seven to 10 days. Please have your ballots returned to headquarters by Aug. 15, 2012.
A detailed summary of the tentative agreement will be mailed with your ballot.
Your bargaining committee is recommending ratification of the tentative agreement.
Covenant Health sites covered by this agreement include all employees when employed in auxiliary nursing care at:
Bonnyville Health Centre
Edmonton General Continuing Care Centre
Grey Nuns Community Hospital (Edmonton)
Killam Health Care Centre
Mary Immaculate Hospital (Mundare)
Mineral Springs Hospital (Banff)
Misericordia Community Hospital (Edmonton)
St. Joseph’s Auxiliary Hospital (Edmonton)
St. Joseph’s General Hospital (Vegreville)
St. Mary’s Health Care Centre (Trochu)
St.Mary’s Hospital (Camrose)
St.Michael’s Health Centre (Lethbridge)
Please do not hesitate to contact a member of your bargaining committee with any questions, comments or concerns you may have during the negotiations process.
Your committee is dedicated to keeping you informed throughout the collective bargaining with Alberta Health Services and Covenant Health.
Your bargaining committee is:
Sandy Miller, Local 043
Raminder Gill, Local 040
Brenda Bailer, Local 044
Myrna Wright, Local 041
Stan Bateman, Local 045
Reg Gardener, Local 046