Pay and Social Equity
Committee Members (2011-13)
Susan Slade, Vice-President, Chair
Jean Paul Arsenault, Local 052
John Barnes, Local 043
Philipia Bates Renouf , Local 001
Leeann Boudreau, Local 095
Rhonda Chatman, Local 071
Terry Nicholson-Knudson, Local 054
Valerie Whelen, Local 043
Brian Wishak, Local 043
Jan Goodwin, Staff Advisor
Download our 2010 brochure here, with lots of great information on pay equity and what still needs to be done to achieve it!
Duties of the Pay and Social Equity Committee
AUPE’s Constitution sets out the duties of the Pay and Social Equity Committee as follows:
The Pay and Social Equity Committee shall:
- Educate – to educate members of the Alberta Union of Provincial Employees (AUPE), and the public on the issues related to pay equity and social reform;
- Lobby – all levels of government, other unions and the public for legislation addressing pay equity and social reform;
- Information – establish and maintain a database of current information and legislation related to pay equity and social reform;
- Action – prepare and present policies, briefs and information on pay equity and social reform issues as required;
- Research – pay and social equity issues within AUPE in relation to classifications, gender and systemic discrimination; recruitment and retention strategies; and
- Research – utilize research initiatives to compare rates of pay and classifications within the public and private sectors.
Did you know...
Pay Equity is NOT solely a gender-based issue