Committee Members (2011-13)
Jason Heistad, Vice-President, Chair
Stan Bateman, Local 045
Lonnie Boothman, Local 071
Joel Byron, Local 054
Darren Graham, Local 057
Susan Lloyd, Local 044
Silvia Lutic, Local 054
Adam Wilcox, Local 003
Gil Laflamme, Staff Advisor
Duties of the Membership Services Committee
AUPE’s Constitution sets out the duties of the Membership Services Committee as follows:
The Membership Services Committee shall:
- promote the general welfare of the members of the Union not otherwise falling within the jurisdiction of any other Standing Committee of the Provincial Executive;
- consider matters relating to the delivery of services to the membership and may make recommendations thereto;
- promote the training of Union members;
- ensure that the membership is informed of Union affairs;
- make recommendations to the Provincial Executive regarding the publicizing of Union affairs and programs;
- promote the training, development and coordination of Union Stewards of all components; and
- act on behalf of Convention to implement policies and directives regarding Union Stewards.
Q: Why does AUPE send out business mailing at AUPE expense?
A: AUPE wants to use the strength of its 74,000 members to get discounts from businesses for our members. Sometimes businesses want to do a mailing to AUPE’s members. AUPE has a strict policy of not providing our membership list to anyone. As a result, AUPE will do the mailing and charge the business for ALL costs associated to the mailing.