Committee Members (2011-13)
Bill Dechant, Executive Secretary-Treasurer, Chair
Debbie Arcand, Local 047
Chrissie Mather, Local 071
Mike Minderlein, Local 001
Kathleen Mulcahy, Local 048
Shauna Nakonechny, Local 054
Lorri Predy, Local 001
Cherelyn Stefaniszyn, Local 054
Shauna Warrilow, Local 046
Corey Battrick, Staff Advisor
In accordance with CRA regulations, assistance provided to members (in excess of $500) is deemed a taxable benefit and AUPE is required to issue a T4A.
Click here to download the Application for Assistance, Members’ Benefits Benevolent Fund.
The regular meetings of the Members’ Benefits Committee for 2013 are scheduled for:
- January 18
- February 15
- March 15
- April 12
- May 10
- June 7
For full details on the Members’ Benevolent Fund, please see this page
Duties of the Members’ Benefits Committee
AUPE’s Constitution sets out the duties of the Members’ Benefits Committee as follows:
The Members’ Benefits Committee shall:
- The Members’ Benefits Committee shall consist of the Chair, who shall be a member of the Provincial Executive, and not less than six (6) committee members, who shall be members of the Union. The President shall appoint all members, including the Chair and if possible, one member from each area of the province where a regional office exists;
- The Officers of the Union shall be ex-officio members of the Members’ Benefits Committee;
- The Members’ Benefits Committee shall:
- invest the Members’ Benefits Benevolent Fund and the Members’ Education Assistance Fund;
- ensure that a proper and complete record of each fund and all grants made by the Members’ Benefits Committee is accurately maintained at all times;
- report to the Provincial Executive regularly, to the President on request, and to the Annual Convention;
- provide to the Annual Convention the annual audited financial statements of the Members’ Benefits Benevolent Fund and the Members’ Education Assistance Fund;
- accept and decide upon applications for financial assistance in accordance with the stated purposes of the Members’ Benefits Benevolent Fund and the Members’ Education Assistance Fund;
- make grants of financial assistance in accordance with those decisions; and
- consider and make recommendations with respect to such further and other matters relating generally to members’ benefits as the President may direct.
- The Members’ Benefits Committee shall enact Bylaws for its administration, which Bylaws shall be approved by the Provincial Executive.
- Any applicant for financial assistance affected by any decision of the Members’ Benefits Committee shall have the right to appeal that decision to the Provincial Executive whose decision shall be final and binding.